Avocado Pesto with Zucchini Pasta
This is a delicious low-carb alternative to your standard pesto pasta. Filled with diced chicken breast, vegetables, protein and healthy fat, it is sure to satisfy every craving!
- 3 zucchini, trimmed
- 1 ripe avocado - peeled, halved, and pitted
- 5 tablespoons pesto, or more to taste
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Make zucchini noodles using a spiralizer.
- 2. Mash avocado in a small bowl and mix in pesto until smooth.
- 3. Flatten chicken breast with a meat hammer. Season on both sides with paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 6 minutes per side. Cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes; dice into small pieces.
- 5. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini noodles; cook and stir until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in avocado pesto mixture and diced chicken; cook until flavors combine, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 609.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 21.5 g
protein: 26.8 g
saturated fat: 10.2 g
cholesterol: 50.5 mg
sodium: 517.6 mg
fiber: 11.3 g
sugar: 5.9 g