Reese's® Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
These are moist peanut butter cupcakes with mini peanut butter cups in them, topped with melted milk chocolate and chopped peanuts. I was looking for a chocolate-peanut butter cupcake recipe that wasn't too high in calories, but were still a decent size and delicious. I couldn't seem to find what I was looking for so decided to create my own! These were a hit with all my family and friends! Hope you all enjoy. Yum yum yum!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 48 mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (such as Reese's®)
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup chopped peanuts
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 2. Combine brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time until combined.
- 3. Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly beat into the creamed mixture. Pour in milk and water; stir until batter is thick and smooth. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins. Press 2 mini peanut butter cups into each cupcake.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until edges are firm and begin to pull away from the sides of the tin, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 5. Pile 15 to 20 chocolate chips over each cupcake. Return to the oven until chocolate chips start to melt, about 1 minute. Spread melted chocolate over the cupcakes and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.