One-Pot Beef Goulash
Take down challenge one-pot beef goulash.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ¼ pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 6 ounces ditalini pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can low-sodium corn, drained
- ½ (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Reduce heat to medium and add beef, chili powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and pepper. Cook until beef is browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and kosher salt into the pot. Bring mixture to a boil; add pasta. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer while stirring frequently, uncovered, until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Stir kidney beans and corn into the pot. Cover and let simmer, 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove lid and sprinkle Cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 364.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 37.2 g
protein: 24.7 g
saturated fat: 5.3 g
cholesterol: 45.4 mg
sodium: 404.1 mg
fiber: 6.3 g
sugar: 4.1 g