This recipe was given to me this past Easter by a wonderful lady. We don't wait until Easter to make and eat it! One egg usually will do, but 2 may be necessary.
- 2 recipes pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ¾ pound Italian sausage links
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 cup diced Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced provolone cheese
- 1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll out pastry to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place bottom crusts in 2 pie plates. Roll out top crusts and set aside.
- 2. Cut sausage into 1 inch pieces. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook sausage until brown. Place sausage in a large bowl, and add hard cooked eggs, Cheddar cheese, Provolone cheese, Ricotta cheese, and parsley. Mix together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3. Add one raw egg to mixture. Mix well and check consistency - it should not be loose or runny, but should hold together well. Add one more raw egg if necessary.
- 4. Spoon filling into 2 pastry-lined pie pans, and cover with other 2 pastry shells. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top. Brush top pastry with melted butter or margarine.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
serving: 2 pies
calories: 449.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 21.9 g
protein: 14.3 g
saturated fat: 13 g
cholesterol: 135.2 mg
sodium: 545.3 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 0.5 g