Ann's Rice Pilaf
This is a quick and easy family favorite that is asked for at home and at potlucks and parties. What makes this recipe so good is the endless ways that you can season it. It's also easily converted for a very large amount. I have made it for as little as my husband and I all the way to a group of 80 for my son's engagement party. Use Greek, Old Bay®, seasoned salt, garlic powder - endless possibilities.
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup broken pieces vermicelli pasta
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Greek seasoning, or to taste
- 1. Dissolve chicken bouillon in water in a bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir vermicelli pieces until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour bouillon mixture into the skillet with the vermicelli.
- 4. Stir rice, black pepper, salt, and Greek seasoning into the vermicelli mixture and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.