"Dirt Pudding" Pumpkin Patch
I was bringing a dessert to a 'spooky Halloween dinner,' and wanted to make something creative. I had heard of the 'dirt cup' recipes with gummy worms before, but I wanted to do something a little different, so I adapted the recipe to this! Kiddos loved it and so did the adults!
- 2 (14 ounce) packages chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (5 ounce) bag gummy worm candies
- 40 candy (mellocreme) pumpkins
- ½ cup vanilla frosting
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1. Crush cookies in 2 or 3 batches in a food processor. Pulse until you get fine crumbs, about 30 seconds per batch. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Place cream cheese, butter, and confectioner's sugar in food processor; mix until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 3. Whisk milk and pudding mixes together in a bowl until pudding is thickened; fold in whipped topping. Stir in cream cheese-butter mixture.
- 4. Press 1/3 of the cookie crumbs onto the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan. Sprinkle half of the gummy worms on the crumb layer. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the crumbs and candy. Carefully layer another 1/3 of the crumbs over the pudding mixture and sprinkle on more gummy worms. Add the last layer of cookie crumbs and smooth them out for your "pumpkin patch."
- 5. Place pumpkin candy in rows with enough room to for frosting "vines" and "leaves."
- 6. Tint frosting with green food coloring and transfer to piping bag. Connect pumpkins with "vines" and add swirling tendrils. Switch to a leaf tip and create some leaves.
serving: 1 9x13-inch baking dish
calories: 795.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 110.6 g
protein: 8.1 g
saturated fat: 18.8 g
cholesterol: 46.6 mg
sodium: 722.7 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 80.5 g