Omelet Muffins with Sausage and Cheese
These omelet muffins are easy to make ahead for a delicious and ultra-quick breakfast.
- 1 (6 inch) turkey sausage, diced
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ground black pepper to taste
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Heat oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, onion, and red bell pepper with 1/2 the salt and pepper until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- 4. Whisk eggs with remaining salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add shredded Mexican cheese blend, spinach, milk, chives, and the sauteed sausage and vegetables.
- 5. Fill each muffin cup no more than 3/4 full with the egg mixture using an ice cream scoop.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
serving: 24 muffins
calories: 83.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 2.1 g
protein: 6.2 g
saturated fat: 2.4 g
cholesterol: 104.1 mg
sodium: 219.3 mg
fiber: 0.5 g
sugar: 1.1 g