Pantry Pasta Salad
This is a quick and delicious recipe from staples in my pantry. It is a hearty pasta salad great as a main dish or side and is perfect for potlucks or anytime you are in a pinch for time. You can't go wrong with this recipe. In season (and on hand) cherry tomatoes would be an excellent addition, as would fresh herbs from your garden. Any cheese would work and diced salami or browned pancetta would be great in here. Be careful not to over-salt your water. The artichokes, olives, dressing, and cheese add lots of salty goodness.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (13.75 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen green peas
- ½ cup diced black olives
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 ½ cups diced queso blanco cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing (such as Girard's® Olde Venice)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1. Combine garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, frozen peas, black olives, and red onion in a large salad bowl.
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the bow tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- 3. Mix still-warm pasta into garbanzo bean mixture. Fold queso blanco cheese into salad; add Italian salad dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with cracked black pepper. Set salad aside until peas thaw and flavors blend, about 5 minutes.