A large meringue cake that can be topped with whipped cream and fruit. This is an Australian specialty.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees F (65 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace around a 9 or 10 inch round pan onto the paper to make a guide for spreading the meringue.
- 2. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar and salt. When mixture is stiff and sugar and salt appear to be dissolved, add the vinegar and vanilla.
- 3. Spread mixture onto parchment paper, using the circular guide.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
serving: 1 - 9 to 10 inch round
calories: 85.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 20.3 g
protein: 1.5 g
sodium: 38.2 mg
sugar: 20.2 g