Chicken and Orzo Soup with Fennel
Soup with chicken and fennel!
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1. Combine chicken broth, salt, and pepper in a large soup pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Add carrots, fennel, and orzo; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until orzo and vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove pot from heat; stir in lemon juice and dill.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 199.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.2 g
protein: 16.9 g
saturated fat: 1.2 g
cholesterol: 30.3 mg
sodium: 172.8 mg
fiber: 2.6 g
sugar: 3.5 g