Smoked Instant Ramen Noodles
One weekend while my husband was smoking ribs, he mentioned there was some extra room and that that I could smoke something else. I opened up the pantry and there was a package of instant ramen noodles staring back at me and I thought, why not? I was shocked at how much flavor the smoked noodles add and how smoking them changed the texture. They have a firm snappy bite to them and do not turn to mush. The next time you already have the smoker fired up, give this a try!
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chopped scallions
- 1. Preheat an outdoor smoker to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) using hickory wood chips.
- 2. Remove block of noodles from the package and set aside seasoning packet. Run block of noodles under water for 30 seconds on all sides. Place noodles directly on the rack of the smoker and smoke for 1 hour. Let cool.
- 3. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add noodles and boil for 3 minutes. Turn heat off, stir in reserved seasoning packet, and let sit for 1 minute. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped scallions.