Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken
Tart, fresh marinade livens up simple grilled chicken.
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1. Lightly pound chicken to an even 3/4-inch thickness. Pat chicken dry using paper towels and place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 2. Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oil and basil in a blender or food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds or until well blended.
- 3. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and turn to coat chicken thoroughly. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to overnight.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat or about 400 degrees F.
- 5. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- 6. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- 7. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with additional basil, if desired.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 170.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 1.3 g
protein: 23.8 g
saturated fat: 1.4 g
cholesterol: 64.6 mg
sodium: 153.6 mg
fiber: 0.2 g
sugar: 0.3 g