This appetizer has a lot of ingredients, but it's easy to make and is a meat lover's dream come true! Italian meats and spices are baked together inside a loaf of bread, then cut into bit-sized pieces.
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 5 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices pepperoni sausage
- 6 slices salami
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices processed American cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- 1. Allow frozen bread dough to thaw approximately 8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator. Place dough in a large, lightly greased bowl. Place bowl in a warm location, and allow dough to rise until doubled (2 to 3 hours). Punch down dough.
- 2. Place Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- 4. Roll dough into an approximately 10x14 inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Spread with yellow mustard and prepared Dijon-style mustard. Line center with cooked Italian sausage, ham, pepperoni sausage, salami, provolone cheese and American cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- 5. Fold edges of dough over the fillings and pinch together. Tuck and pinch ends. Sprinkle with cornmeal, and flip so the seam side is down.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before cutting into bite-sized slices.
serving: 10 servings
calories: 344.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 16 g
protein: 18.8 g
saturated fat: 9.7 g
cholesterol: 61.9 mg
sodium: 1132.6 mg
fiber: 1.7 g
sugar: 1.1 g