Hot Buttered Rum Punch
This sweet punch is chock full of fall spicy taste. An excellent option to hot spiced cider and a natural addition to Thanksgiving celebrations. Or do as I do and have cranberry sauce on hand after Thanksgiving to make a hot punch to sip while decorating the tree or watching a game with friends. An excellent hot drink for a Thermos® for tailgating as well. If hot isn't your thing, serve over ice cubes with a splash of lemon-lime soda. Given to me by a good friend, I've looked all over and haven't found one quite like it.
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup dark rum, or to taste
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 5 teaspoons butter, or to taste
- 1. Combine pineapple juice, water, cranberry sauce, rum, brown sugar, cloves, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a slow cooker, breaking the cranberry sauce apart using a fork.
- 2. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- 3. Ladle punch into mugs and add 1 cinnamon stick and about 1/2 teaspoon butter to each.