Mamie's Wild Plum Tart
This is the plum tart my French "mamie" would make for a weekday dessert.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust dough
- ½ teaspoon unsalted butter, or as needed
- 10 medium plums, or more as needed, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch tart pan with butter.
- 2. Roll out the pie dough and press crust into the prepared pan.
- 3. Arrange plums snugly, cut-sides down, on the crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar, or up to 1/2 cup depending on the sweetness of the plums.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until the tops of the plums are slightly browned and the juices are bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5. Remove from the oven and let rest until the juices have set, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar, cut, and serve.
serving: 1 9-inch tart
calories: 188.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 30.2 g
protein: 1.6 g
saturated fat: 3.1 g
cholesterol: 5.6 mg
sodium: 98.7 mg
fiber: 1.6 g
sugar: 16.4 g