Taco Pie Pizza
I came up with this recipe after searching through my pantry looking for a quick family-friendly meal. My two teenage kids LOVE it!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can turkey chili without beans
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. Stir in the milk, oil and eggs, mixing until just moist. Spread in a greased 12 inch deep-dish pizza pan, or a 10x15 inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- 3. Spread the refried beans and mayonnaise over the melted cheese. Top with blue cheese dressing, turkey chili, and remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake for 12 to 15 more minutes in the preheated oven. Top with lettuce and diced tomatoes before slicing and serving.
serving: 8 servings
calories: 629.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 56 g
protein: 21.3 g
saturated fat: 12.2 g
cholesterol: 86.2 mg
sodium: 1114.7 mg
fiber: 5.3 g
sugar: 16.3 g