If you didn't think sliders could get any smaller--or cuter--then you haven't tried swapping coin-shaped tots for buns! This dish is one of the times where it tastes as good as it looks.
- 32 frozen potato rounds (such as Ore-Ida® Crispy Crowns®)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ground beef (85% lean)
- ¼ pinch kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard, or to taste
- 16 pickled gherkins, drained
- 16 toothpicks
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2. Toss tots with oil on a 10x15-inch baking pan, then spread into a single layer.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven, turning once halfway through, until browned and crisp, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, put ground beef on a sheet of waxed paper. Top with another sheet and press beef into a 4x6-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper, then cut into sixteen 1x1 1/2-inch rectangles.
- 5. Break each cheese slice into quarters; fold quarters over to make 16 pieces of double-layered cheese.
- 6. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn burgers over, top with cheese; cook, covered, until beef is no longer pink in centers and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- 7. Top 1 tot with a cheeseburger, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and another tot; spear stack with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
serving: 16 mini sliders
calories: 114.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 8.8 g
protein: 4.8 g
saturated fat: 2.6 g
cholesterol: 16.5 mg
sodium: 298 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 0.3 g