Baja Grilled Chicken Tacos
I modified this taco recipe for a party of 40, and it was a huge hit. Thighs are a good substitute for chicken breasts, especially with marinating and grilling. They do not dry out as quickly and are very forgiving. Fill warm tortillas with sauteed chicken and serve with your choice of garnishes and black bean and corn salad.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon sazon seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) package corn tortillas, or as needed
- 1. Combine cumin, oregano, sazon, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add lime juice and olive oil and stir to make the marinade. Add chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 12 hours.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill marinated chicken until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and shred chicken with forks.
- 3. Spray canola oil onto the tortillas and heat on the grill approximately 45 seconds per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with a paper towel to keep warm. Serve with shredded chicken.