Tomato and Broccoli Soup
This soup is delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, coarsely chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir garlic through the onion; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant and slightly soft, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3. Place broccoli, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth into the stockpot. Reduce heat to medium-low, bring the mixture to a simmer, and cook until the broccoli is completely softened, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Stir milk into the soup and return to a simmer.
- 5. Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway. Hold the lid of the blender firmly in place and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a serving dish. Season with salt and black pepper to serve.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 99.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 13.7 g
protein: 4.7 g
saturated fat: 0.5 g
cholesterol: 2.6 mg
sodium: 588.9 mg
fiber: 3.5 g
sugar: 6.1 g