Breakfast Pita Pizza
All kinds of good stuff on pita bread.
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 pita bread rounds
- ½ tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat olive oil in the skillet. Pour in eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Place pita bread on lined baking sheet. Spread pesto over pita; top with bacon, scrambled eggs, tomato, mushrooms, and spinach. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over toppings.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. Serve garnished with avocado slices.
serving: 2 pieces pita bread
calories: 873.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 43.5 g
protein: 36.8 g
saturated fat: 17.6 g
cholesterol: 426.5 mg
sodium: 1134.6 mg
fiber: 9.5 g
sugar: 4.6 g