Middle Eastern Beet Hummus Toasts
Add a splash of color to any party with this easy appetizer of Middle Eastern-inspired roasted beet hummus spread over multigrain bread and topped with seeds and chives.
- 1 pound beets - trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices Nature's Own® Perfectly Crafted Multigrain Bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Place beets in a 10x15x1-inch baking pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until very tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Transfer cooled beets to a food processor. Add Greek yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary.
- 4. Spread beet mixture onto toasted bread. Top with pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and chives.
serving: 8 slices
calories: 226.5 kcal
carbohydrates: 27.7 g
protein: 5.8 g
saturated fat: 2.1 g
cholesterol: 4.2 mg
sodium: 413.3 mg
fiber: 3.4 g
sugar: 4.6 g