Seven-Up™ Sheet Cake
A light and fluffy cake with a packaged cake mix base and a wonderful, easy topping - from mixing to eating in less than 2 hours! And oh, so good!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1. Grease a 9 x 13 pan, and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, slightly beaten eggs, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until batter is light and fluffy. Add 7-UP ™ , and beat in well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or till done. While cake is baking, prepare the topping; it will take about 15 minutes to prepare.
- 4. In a medium non-aluminum saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in 2 eggs, butter or margarine, and pineapple. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in coconut. Spread topping over warm cake.
serving: 9 x 13 inch cake
calories: 420.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 55.4 g
protein: 3.9 g
saturated fat: 7.3 g
cholesterol: 76.1 mg
sodium: 349.6 mg
fiber: 1.3 g
sugar: 40.4 g