Tacos de Papa (Potato Tacos)
I remember my mother making these potato tacos when I was growing up. We loved them! And they're great with mashed potatoes.
- 1 (3.25 ounce) package instant mashed potatoes (such as Idahoan™ Signature Russets Mashed Potatoes)
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup vegetable oil for frying, plus more as needed
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- 2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sautee diced onions in oil until tender and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked mashed potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place tortillas on a plate. Heat in microwave until pliable, 15 to 20 seconds.
- 4. Place 1/4 cup of potato mixture in each tortilla, fold in half and secure each end with toothpicks.
- 5. Heat oil in a skillet until shimmering. Fry each taco until crispy and golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- 6. Remove toothpicks and top with garnishes.
serving: 8 tacos
calories: 513.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 46.7 g
protein: 7.3 g
saturated fat: 5.9 g
cholesterol: 6.3 mg
sodium: 229.5 mg
fiber: 5.9 g
sugar: 3.7 g