When wrapped in tin foil these 'Silver Dollars' make a meal in itself and clean up is a snap. Hamburger patties are sandwiched by two leaves of cabbage and grilled in a foil packet. You can add cauliflower, broccoli, cheese or anything your imagination can think of.
- 8 leaves cabbage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat.
- 2. Place a leaf of cabbage on a piece of tin foil. Form ground beef into four equal patties and place a patty on the leaf of cabbage. Top with onion, carrot and potato and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place a second cabbage leaf over the potatoes. Top with another sheet of foil and seal all the edges. Repeat this with the 3 other patties.
- 3. Grill over medium high heat for 25 to 35 minutes, or to desired doneness.