Herbaceous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Shredded zucchini, green onions, and parsley are tossed with a lemon vinaigrette for a fabulous summer salad.
- 4 cups zucchini, julienned (1/4 x 1/4 x 2-inch strips)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine or rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 each green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 each green onions, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Place zucchini strips in bowl; sprinkle with Diamond Crystal® Kosher Salt. Toss to mix. Let stand 20 minutes.
- 2. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar (if using) and garlic in small bowl or small jar with tight-fitting lid. Whisk or shake to blend. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Rinse zucchini lightly with cold water; drain well.
- 4. Place zucchini on dish towel or several layers of paper towels. Shake or blot gently to remove excess moisture.
- 5. Place zucchini, parsley and sliced green onions in a bowl; toss gently to mix. Drizzle lightly with vinaigrette (reserving any extra vinaigrette); toss to mix.
- 6. Garnish with lemon zest and additional green onions, if desired.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 403.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.7 g
protein: 4.4 g
saturated fat: 5.4 g
sodium: 4365.5 mg
fiber: 4.5 g
sugar: 6.3 g