Roasted Pumpkin Salsa
Roasted pumpkin is the base for this holiday salsa. Great on crackers or raw vegetables. This goes well with pinto bean tacos!
- 1 cup diced pumpkin (1/4-inch)
- ½ cup diced onion (1/4-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine pumpkin, onion, oil, and cinnamon in a plastic bag; coat well. Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, 15 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Combine tomatoes with their juice, cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, and grapefruit juice in a medium bowl. Add roasted vegetable mixture and mix well. Chill in a refrigerator for 1 hour to combine flavors.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 38 kcal
carbohydrates: 4 g
protein: 0.6 g
saturated fat: 0.3 g
sodium: 33.5 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 1.5 g