Egg and Peach Mash
Peaches are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium, and their mild, sweet flavour makes them an ideal first fruit. Your baby will love this winning combo of egg, peaches and banana.
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mashed ripe banana
- 1. Steam or boil diced peaches until very tender. Drain if necessary and mash or puree until you have your desired consistency. Let cool slightly then place in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- 2. Place your egg in a small pot and cover with cold water. The water should be about an inch or so higher than the egg. Cover the pot with a lid. Over high heat, bring your egg to a rolling boil.
- 3. Remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- 4. Drain water and immediately run cold water over egg until cooled. Rapid cooling helps prevent a green ring from forming around the yolks.
- 5. Peel egg and place in a bowl. Mash very well.
- 6. Combine egg with 1/4 cup (60 mL) pureed peaches and mashed banana. Mash together well until you have your desired consistency. Add a little breast milk or formula to thin if you like.
serving: 3 /4 cup
calories: 171 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.2 g
protein: 7 g
saturated fat: 1.6 g
cholesterol: 186 mg
sodium: 78.4 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 19.2 g