My Kentucky Derby Dessert
Chocolate, nuts, brown sugar, bourbon...no special occasion needed for this decadent dessert. It's a family favorite and so easy. Serve with lightly-sweetened whipped cream, dairy whipped topping, or vanilla ice cream and warmed chocolate syrup.
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ⅛ cups butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups chopped toasted pecans
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until eggs are foamy, about 3 minutes; beat corn oil, bourbon whiskey, and vanilla extract into the eggs until just incorporated.
- 3. Beat flour, white sugar, and light brown sugar into egg mixture until smoothly blended, then beat in butter.
- 4. Gently stir pecans and chocolate chips into the filling.
- 5. Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and pour the filling into the crust.
- 6. Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge of the filling comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- 7. Cool the pie on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
serving: 1 9-inch pie
calories: 896 kcal
carbohydrates: 81.1 g
protein: 8.8 g
saturated fat: 26.3 g
cholesterol: 149.5 mg
sodium: 340.7 mg
fiber: 5 g
sugar: 57 g