Talia's Allergen-Free Banana Muffins
I created these tasty, moist allergen-free muffins for my little girl, Talia, who is allergic to wheat, dairy, eggs, and nuts. A creative blend of gluten-free flour, applesauce, and Smart Balance® yields surprisingly good muffins!
- 4 ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup buttery spread (such as Smart Balance®)
- 1 (4 ounce) container applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rice flour (such as Bob's Red Mill®)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Blend bananas, sugar, buttery spread, applesauce, and vanilla extract together in a food processor for at least 3 minutes. Add rice flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and process until smooth. Scrape down sides and bottom as needed. Pour batter into mini muffin tins.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven until muffin tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 9 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
serving: 48 mini muffins
calories: 63.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 12 g
protein: 0.5 g
saturated fat: 0.5 g
sodium: 53.5 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 5.6 g