Kale and Quinoa with Creole Seasoning
A light side dish of quinoa and blanched kale, made extra-savory by seasoning it with Creole seasoning. Be sure to use Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning®--there is nothing as delicious!
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 quarts water
- 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's®)
- 1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan; stir in quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; cook kale in boiling water until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Heat olive oil in the same saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir shallot until softened, about 5 minutes. Add kale, cooking and stirring, until desired doneness. Mix quinoa into vegetable mixture and season with salt and Creole seasoning.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 147.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 25.6 g
protein: 6.5 g
saturated fat: 0.4 g
sodium: 736.1 mg
fiber: 3.5 g
sugar: 0.5 g