Amazing Mexican Quinoa Salad
Extremely yummy, spicy marinated salad that will keep in the fridge for up to a week! My kids in university love packing this up for their lunch. You have everything you need for a very healthy meal in one dish! Substitute barley for the brown rice if desired. Turtle beans can be substituted for kidney beans.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1. Mix quinoa, pinto beans, kidney beans, corn, red onion, brown rice, red bell pepper, and cilantro together in a glass or plastic container with a lid.
- 2. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, chili powder, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl; pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with a lid and refrigerate until flavors blend, at least 2 hours. Stir again before serving.