Ground Cherry Freezer Jam
Easy ground cherry freezer jam. This recipe is easily doubled.
- 2 cups husked and pitted ground cherries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 lemon, zested, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
- 1. Place ground cherries in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- 2. Stir sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice into the cherries. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until ground cherries soften, about 15 minutes. Add lemon gelatin; stir until dissolved. Skim any foam off the top of the jam with a slotted spoon.
- 3. Pour jam into two 8-ounce freezer-safe containers. Let stand until thickened and set, about 30 minutes. Transfer to the freezer.
serving: 1 pint
calories: 125.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 31.6 g
protein: 0.8 g
sodium: 28.7 mg
sugar: 29.5 g