Fresh Garden Salsa
Turn your sweet, summer bounty of tomatoes into this classic salsa.
- 7 cups tomatoes, diced, seeded, peeled, and cored
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 Ball® or Kerr® Pint (16 oz) Jars with lids and bands*
- 1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 3. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4. Ladle hot salsa in to hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- 5. Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
serving: 4 pints
calories: 4.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 1 g
protein: 0.2 g
sodium: 74.3 mg
fiber: 0.3 g
sugar: 0.6 g