Seared Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Creamy Pumpkin Seed Vinaigrette Salad topped with Pomegranate Seeds
Lemon pepper tilapia fillets are served with a crisp butter lettuce salad tossed with bright pomegranate seeds in homemade pumpkin seed vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar (or other high-quality white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 each egg yolks, from pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin seed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ice water, if needed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, preferably gray salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted lightly in oven
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Progresso® lemon pepper Panko crispy bread crumbs
- 6 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 3 small (blank)s small heads of butter lettuce, washed and dried well, torn
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1. In food processor, place the vinegar, mustard, shallot, thyme and pasteurized egg yolks. Cover; process until smooth. With the machine running, add the 1 cup pumpkin seed oil and then the 1 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the mixture gets too thick, add the 1 tablespoon ice water. Season with the salt and pepper. Stir in pumpkin seeds. Refrigerate while making tilapia.
- 2. Place the flour, 2 eggs and the bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip each fillet in flour then in eggs and finally, dredge on both sides in bread crumbs, shaking off the excess.
- 3. Heat 2 skillets over high heat. Divide 3 tablespoons olive oil evenly between skillets. When hot, add the fish; reduce heat to medium, and cook until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Turn fish and cook on the second side until the fish is done throughout (test with a fork), about 4 minutes, depending on thickness.
- 4. Transfer the fish to 6 individual plates. Garnish with the lemon wedges. Toss the lettuce with a portion of the dressing; divide among plates of fish. Spoon some of the additional dressing over the fish; sprinkle pomegranate seeds over all, and enjoy.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 1339.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 60.1 g
protein: 46.4 g
saturated fat: 16.2 g
cholesterol: 191.9 mg
sodium: 1457.1 mg
fiber: 2.9 g
sugar: 4.6 g