Nana's Eggs from Contadina®
Eggs are simmered in an herb-infused tomato sauce and served with grated Parmesan cheese for a quick and delicious lunch or light dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Contadina® Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¾ teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1 sprig Fresh oregano
- 1. Heat olive oil in a 9 or 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook stirring constantly until garlic is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to a simmer. Break eggs gently into sauce, spacing evenly around pan. Cover pan and simmer on low heat 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked as desired.
- 3. Sprinkle eggs and sauce with Parmesan cheese and fresh oregano, if desired.
serving: 8 eggs
calories: 243 kcal
carbohydrates: 7 g
protein: 15.4 g
saturated fat: 4.5 g
cholesterol: 372.2 mg
sodium: 823.8 mg
fiber: 1.8 g
sugar: 2.6 g