100% Whole Wheat Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread
I wanted a 100% whole wheat bread that tasted good with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and that has a decent rise. This one not only tastes good, it rises more than than white-bread-flour recipe I used to make. It is also soft and freezes well. I make my bread on Sunday, then make and freeze my sandwiches for the week. Each day I take one out of the freezer and Friday's is just as good as the one on Monday. You can use any flavor jelly.
- 10 ounces water
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup strawberry jelly
- 1 ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 3 ⅓ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. Place water, peanut butter, jelly, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, gluten, 3 1/3 cups plus 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour, and yeast, respectively, in the pan of a bread machine. Select 1 1/2 Pound Loaf, Medium Crust, Wheat cycle, and press Start.