Wild Rice Chicken
An easy recipe that uses canned goods for convenience. Chicken with wild rice, cheese, pimientos and onions. Serve with a tossed salad for an elegant dinner.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages uncooked long grain and wild rice
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. In a medium bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, prepared rice, soup, pimientos, and onion. Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- 3. Place in preheated oven briefly, to melt.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 603.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 75.1 g
protein: 37 g
saturated fat: 7.6 g
cholesterol: 83.6 mg
sodium: 1963.2 mg
fiber: 2.3 g
sugar: 5.8 g