Ground Bison Breakfast Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Lots of spices in this ground bison and egg omelet make for a great taco filling, and the pineapple salsa with fresh cilantro is the perfect topping.
- 1 pound ground bison
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 12 corn taco shells or 6-inch corn tortillas, heated according to package directions
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook ground bison and onion over medium heat in a large skillet until ground bison is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in cumin, salt, coriander, cayenne pepper, and water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add to ground bison mixture in skillet. As the mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting for 2 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set.
- 3. Evenly divide ground bison mixture between taco shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
- 4. Pineapple Salsa: Stir together pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper (if using), and salt in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
serving: 6 servings
calories: 369.3 kcal
carbohydrates: 26.7 g
protein: 26.3 g
saturated fat: 6.4 g
cholesterol: 240.3 mg
sodium: 598.9 mg
fiber: 2.5 g
sugar: 5.4 g