Mummified Meatballs in Crispy Potato Skin Coffins
Crispy potato skin coffins topped with cheesy mummified meatballs. Halloween never tasted so good! Homemade meatballs are best but feel free to use already prepared to save time and get a jumpstart on trick-or-treating.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 frozen cooked meatballs (such as Johnsonville®), thawed
- 4 (1 ounce) sticks string cheese sticks, pulled into thin strips
- 8 candy eyeballs
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving 1/2 inch around the shell. Discard flesh or save for another use.
- 3. Place potato halves cut-side down on a baking sheet. Rub each half with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Flip potatoes over. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake in the preheated oven until shells are crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, place meatballs on microwave-safe plates. Cover with paper towels. Microwave until hot, 70 to 75 seconds per batch. Let rest until cool enough to not melt the cheese.
- 6. Wrap 1/4 of the cheese strings around 3 meatballs to create a mummy effect. Repeat with remaining cheese and meatballs.
- 7. Remove potato skin coffins from the oven and place a mummy in each coffin. Apply candy eyeballs.
serving: 4 coffins
calories: 412.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 29.4 g
protein: 24.3 g
saturated fat: 8.4 g
cholesterol: 91.9 mg
sodium: 384.1 mg
fiber: 1.9 g
sugar: 0.7 g