Lemony Pickled Mushrooms
These are great appetizers and snacks. Use on an antipasto tray, on bruschetta with goat cheese, or just out of the jar. Go for a variety of different mushrooms here. They keep for about 2 months in the refrigerator.
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, or more to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ serrano pepper, thinly sliced, or more to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup water
- 2 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 20 whole black peppercorns
- 12 coriander seeds
- 3 (1-inch) strips lemon zest, or more to taste
- 1. Fill four sterilized 8-ounce jars 3/4 of the way with mushrooms. Place 1 thyme sprig and some serrano pepper slices on top.
- 2. Combine white wine, water, kosher salt, sugar, garlic, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over mushroom mixture in each jar.
- 3. Tightly seal each jar and transfer to the refrigerator. Chill until flavors meld, 1 to 2 days.
serving: 4 8-ounce jars
calories: 40.9 kcal
carbohydrates: 5.1 g
protein: 1.1 g
sodium: 1444.2 mg
fiber: 1.4 g
sugar: 1.9 g