White Christmas Fudge With Fruit and Nuts
This smooth, sweet fudge is loaded with nuts and chewy fruit and would be just right for holiday gift-giving.
- 2 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 (6 ounce) packages white chocolate, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Line a 9-inch square pan with a piece of aluminum foil long enough to extend over the sides of the pan by several inches and generously grease the foil with butter.
- 2. Mix confectioners' sugar with milk and 1/4 cup butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until combined; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil fudge for 5 minutes without stirring. Reduce heat to low and stir in white chocolate until melted and combined.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract, sliced almonds, dried apricots, dried cherries, and dried cranberries. Spread fudge into the prepared pan and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Lift the fudge out of the pan using the foil and peel foil from fudge. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-inch pieces. Store in refrigerator.
serving: 2 pounds
calories: 105.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 14.8 g
protein: 1.1 g
saturated fat: 2.5 g
cholesterol: 5.2 mg
sodium: 17.8 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 14 g