Jalapeno-Cheddar Pork Chops
Crunchy breaded jalapeno and Cheddar tender pork chops with a delicious hint of lime!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crushed jalapeno potato chips (such as Miss Vickie's®)
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Combine flour and pepper in another shallow bowl. Mix Cheddar cheese, jalapeno chips, and lime zest in a third bowl.
- 3. Toss pork chops in the flour to coat. Shake off excess, then dunk in egg. Coat chops in the chip and cheese mixture.
- 4. Heat oil and margarine in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each pork chop until browned on the outside, 2 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a baking dish or foil-lined baking pan.
- 5. Bake in the preheated oven until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
serving: 2 pork chops
calories: 442.6 kcal
carbohydrates: 12.2 g
protein: 35.7 g
saturated fat: 9.4 g
cholesterol: 176.8 mg
sodium: 254.5 mg
fiber: 0.7 g
sugar: 0.4 g