Air Fryer Churros
Who doesn't love churros? They're a delicious cinnamon-sugar treat, and making them in an air fryer takes them from a guilty treat into a sweet treat. After over 7 experiments, I do NOT recommend using a parchment paper liner. I do NOT recommend adding the cinnamon sugar to the dough.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in milk and add salt. Lower heat to medium and bring to a boil, continuously stirring with a wooden spoon. Quickly add flour all at once. Keep stirring until the dough comes together.
- 2. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in eggs with the wooden spoon until pastry comes together. Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe dough into strips straight into the air fryer basket.
- 3. Air fry churros at 340 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour onto a shallow plate.
- 5. Remove fried churros from air fryer and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.