Mushroom Artichoke Sandwich
Fresh, meaty mushrooms and tangy artichokes, seasoned with garlic and Parmesan cheese on French bread, make a wonderful alternative to an ordinary sub sandwich.
- 1 (12 inch) French baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic and onion seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise, split open, and toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the mushrooms and artichoke hearts until the mushrooms have given up their liquid and have started to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, garlic and onion seasoning, and salt and pepper, and cook and stir until the mixture has thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- 4. Fill the toasted bread with the mushroom filling, close the sandwich, cut in two, and serve.
serving: 2 sandwiches
calories: 466.4 kcal
carbohydrates: 73.4 g
protein: 22.7 g
saturated fat: 2.3 g
cholesterol: 4.4 mg
sodium: 1892.6 mg
fiber: 8.3 g
sugar: 5.3 g