Enjoy these spicy, dark ribs!
- 1 ¼ pounds pork spareribs
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2. Cover a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place the ribs into the prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn, and cook 10 minutes more. Remove from oven, and drain off fat.
- 4. Meanwhile, stir together the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and golden syrup in a bowl. Drizzle sauce over the ribs.
- 5. Return ribs to oven, and bake 30 minutes more. Remove from oven, and spread the red pepper and onions over the ribs.
- 6. Return ribs to oven, and bake 10 minutes more.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 389.8 kcal
carbohydrates: 35.7 g
protein: 20.4 g
saturated fat: 7 g
cholesterol: 75 mg
sodium: 680.6 mg
fiber: 2.9 g
sugar: 16.5 g