Chocolate Strawberry Crunch Icebox Cake
Here's one no-bake dessert that tastes good no matter what the season. It's easy to alter this recipe to suit your taste. The basic components of an icebox cake are cookies or graham crackers, whipped topping and/or pudding, and fruit. There are lots of yummy treats that you can add to these basics.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, or to taste
- 1 (12.5 ounce) package chocolate-covered graham cracker squares
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup milk chocolate-covered toffee bits
- 1. Whisk 2 cups cold milk and pudding mix together in a bowl until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Combine cream cheese and whipped topping in a medium bowl. Add confectioners' sugar and mix thoroughly.
- 3. Cover the bottom of a 2-quart bowl or 9x13-inch pan with a layer of graham cracker squares. Spread about 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on top. Top with 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Cover with another layer of graham crackers and 1/3 of the pudding. Add a layer of strawberries and 1/4 cup chocolate toffee bits.
- 4. Repeat layers until bowl is filled. Break remaining graham crackers into thirds and place along the edge of the bowl; add remaining strawberries. Top with any remaining cookie crumbs or toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.