Grilled Salmon with Maple Syrup and Soy Sauce
This is a quick and tasty salmon recipe with maple syrup and soy sauce, with almost no cleanup required. Serve with brown rice and steamed pea pods.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1. Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, pepper, and salt in a shallow container with a tight-fitting lid. Place salmon, flesh-side down, in the container and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Once heated, turn down one side to low heat.
- 3. Place salmon, skin-side down, over low heat on the preheated grill and close the lid. Allow to cook, basting once with reserved marinade, until easily flaked with a fork, about 20 minutes. Salmon will easily remove from the grill by sliding a spatula between salmon and the skin.
serving: 2 servings
calories: 271.1 kcal
carbohydrates: 16.4 g
protein: 29.8 g
saturated fat: 1.4 g
cholesterol: 78.5 mg
sodium: 1998.7 mg
fiber: 0.4 g
sugar: 12.4 g