Fish and Rice Packets
Flaky white fish, olive, and orange flavors mingle within individualized roasting packets that make serving a breeze.
- 2 cups frozen precooked rice (such as InnovAsian®)
- 24 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cod, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thin slices orange
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cut four 12x15-inch sheets of parchment paper. Fold each in half widthwise and reopen.
- 2. Mix rice, green olives, chicken broth, orange juice, orange zest, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- 3. Spoon 3/4 cup of the rice mixture onto 1 side of each parchment rectangle, near the crease. Lay 1 piece of cod on top. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over fish; lay 1 orange slice on top.
- 4. Fold empty half of parchment over cod and rice mixture; crimp edges together with overlapping folds to seal. Arrange packets close together on a sheet pan.
- 5. Roast on the center rack of the preheated oven until cod flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 17 minutes. Unfold 1 edge of the parchment, being careful to avoid steam, and look inside to check doneness.
- 6. Open packets carefully, being careful to avoid steam. Slide cod and rice mixture into bowls. Garnish with almonds and parsley.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 327 kcal
carbohydrates: 31.1 g
protein: 24.9 g
saturated fat: 1.4 g
cholesterol: 42.4 mg
sodium: 905.9 mg
fiber: 1.5 g
sugar: 6.4 g