You won't miss the meat in this flavorful dish! Serve with mashed potatoes for a great meal! You can also substitute diced eggplant for the mushrooms.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl combine cooked rice, lentils, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, egg, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley and cooked onions; mix well. Press mixture into prepared pan; spread ketchup on top of loaf.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
serving: 4 servings
calories: 373.2 kcal
carbohydrates: 62.7 g
protein: 11.5 g
saturated fat: 1.6 g
cholesterol: 46.5 mg
sodium: 440.3 mg
fiber: 6 g
sugar: 10.4 g