This is a quick and easy meal for those hot summer evenings.
- 1 ¾ pounds beef sirloin steak
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 cups romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1. Preheat grill for high heat.
- 2. Lightly oil grate. Place steak on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached. Remove from heat and let sit until cool enough to handle. Slice steak into bite size pieces.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the cheese. Cover and place dressing in refrigerator.
- 4. Onto chilled plates arrange the lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion and olives. Top with steak and drizzle with dressing. Serve with crusty grilled French bread. Enjoy!
serving: 5 servings
calories: 495.7 kcal
carbohydrates: 10.1 g
protein: 32.6 g
saturated fat: 11.8 g
cholesterol: 99.8 mg
sodium: 836.2 mg
fiber: 3.4 g
sugar: 4.2 g